My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Some Photos

So - I thought I'd have another stab at showing some pictures from every day life here, the work etc. Internet seems to be cooperating a little more (nervous to say that in case it blinks out again!) so I will have a shot...



This is Denba, who used to drive for us - Driver Extraordinaire and pretty much the coolest man on the planet. He's sitting on a traditional little stool which cracks me up as he is about eight feet tall. I still see him, but no longer with work with him. I miss Denba...


This is at Landmine Awareness Day last year in Pader - I am with my landmine team and VERY dear friends, L-R Susan, Me, Monica and Walter (who appears fascinated by the happenings!!)



A day in the life - digging a car out of the mud in the East



Geoffrey (our Water Engineer) and myself distributing relief supplies during the flood response, Soroti, 2007 (no comments about stupid hats, please - it is hot and I burn too easily!)





Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey piccies....... gotta say it....love the hat..matches the blouse....

How are ya.....

Lui

Sat Mar 14, 06:14:00 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Hey, I'm good, but in a startling break from form...insanely busy!! That hat looks even worse in pictures than reality, but it gets the job done!!

Hope you're good too...

Thu Apr 09, 01:24:00 am  
Blogger Kate said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thu Apr 09, 01:24:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home