My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Thursday 4 August 2005

Some piccies (finally!)

Having a little difficulty posting the piccies properly...

Anyway - this is the view of Coral Cove, the place where we stay at Sabang. The main thatched roof that you can see is where the restaurant/bar is located and the roof you can just see poking out to the left (behind the trees) was one of the rooms we have stayed in. It is very nice and has a wonderful location, but probably does not merit the hard time Geoff has been giving me about 'aid workers and their terrible conditions'. As Debs said, it is incredibly luxurious - so much so that during the rain, you can have a shower without actually having to leave your bed!! But it is very nice and a welcome break from Manila

This is Debs and Ange in our boat heading out for Ange's and My first ever scuba experience (Ange is looking quite nervous - that built over the next half hour!) Our instructor Ricky is in the hat and Debs' Dive Master, Christian is in the T-shirt. I never quite figured out what the girl was doing there - I think she just didn't have anything else to do that afternoon! The boat is actually called the Kiwi Magic 2, but somebody either doesn't like New Zealanders or has a sense of humour, hence the repainted sign!


This is the view from Coral Cove across the water - it is so tranquil and beautiful there

Can't be bothered linking any more now - it is a bit of a performance and I am tired!

More to come
Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home