My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Thursday 16 February 2006

Thailand!

I hate computers - I just wrote a whole post and as I was selecting it all to justify the text, it deleted it for me - now I am fully grumpy.
Anyway - I am running out the door as I am going to Thailand tonight!!! Placebo are playing at a music festival there and I am going! Woo hoo! Cannot wait - it will be so brilliant (I have lost the ability to form coherent sentences in my excitement). However, in true Filipino fashion, the travel agent is late arriving with my ticket, so I hope I don't miss the jolly plane!
I have also had to move offices - in order to cut costs we closed one of our offices (we were spread across two offices on the 15th floor of an office tower) and consolidated into one. So we are very cosy now. And I don't have a phone any more :(
Do you want to know something interesting - no buildings in the Philippines have a thirteenth floor!! They all go from twelve to fourteen. This is something I greatly appreciate when I walk down and up to the canteen on the seventh floor! I think if there were just one more floor, I wouldn't make it - I am already puffing like an out of shape hippo when I get back up here!


So - to finish us off - some advice from the official website for attending the Bangkok 100 Rock Festival:

Thailand is a very HOT country! So you better dress comfortably (piffle - after the Philippines, your measly Thailand summer doesn't faze me - I think?).
Have a bottle of water with you, so you can enjoy the show, not spending time for the water!
In case of personal sickness, you need to prepare your pills to be ready to use for the emergency. (can't really think of a comment for this...)
Don't bring any valuable stuff with you here, this is a music festival, not a gala dinner. (huh - but I bought a new Dolce Gabbana...)
Last thing, but not least. Don't forget the tickets!!!
Enjoy the music, but not to bother other people. (somewhat negated by the next point...)
Practice your fav songs of your fav artists, shout it out loud. (which the person standing next to you in the crowd will appreciate beyond measure!!)
Don't throw anything on to the stage while the artist performing. (presumably okay between acts?!)
Don't bring any stuff that can be used as the weapon to the event, cos it will be captured! (and used against us?)
Pay honor to all artists, even the one which is not your fav one.
Give priority to children, ladies, and senior people (imagine there will be a lot of those).
Go with a big group of friends, enjoy it together.
Dress the best look clothes ever! (designer ruffian? Fairy wings?)
Love the artists? Want them to know it? So make a love plate to show them! (the mind boggles)

1 Comments:

Blogger 'Brush and Bel said...

I thought that in teh US they did that no unlucky 13th floor thing too - which, I imagaine, would be why they do it there...
B

Thu Feb 23, 11:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home