My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Friday 22 June 2007

Capitalist Land Owning Pig

The title of this entry comes from the title of an email my great friend Clare sent me a few years ago when she and her husband bought a house! I thought it was great, so am stealing it. Hope she hadn't copyrighted it!!
I forgot the most exciting thing! I am a homeowner!!!
As of Tuesday, I own (pending the processing of about a million forms!), a two bedroom apartment in Richmond, Melbourne! I am sooooooooooo excited about this - I have been looking for so long and missed out at quite a few auctions so it is great to have found something. My brilliant father has negotiated it all for me and apparently it is just superb, with views of the river and the city, and an amazing designer kitchen. I can't wait to see it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have seen the outside and it looks nice!

Wed June 27, 12:15:00 pm  
Blogger 'Brush and Bel said...

Congrats!!
I am confused though, have I missed something? Are you going home soon that you needed a place or are you just making an investment?
If you won't be home for a while r u planning on renting it out or leaving it vacent until you get back?
We are very lucky that Brett's brother has been renting our place off us since we left, and hopefully when they move out next year (they bought a place just near ours) my sister will then rent it... fingers crossed
B

Thu July 26, 05:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home