My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Wednesday 14 September 2005

Grrrr - Spam

I just got a few comments on my blog that were spam, so came to it to try to figure out what to do about it. I don't think I can delete them, sadly, but I have put in a word verification step now so that people need to type the word they are seeing before they post - this means that it actually has to be a person entering the comment and cannot be just a machine, which normally generates spam.

I couldn't believe it - I guess you are truly not free from junk anywhere, are you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Hi Kate,
I just found your blog and I'm having fun reading about your experiences. I just moved to Manila to work for ABS-CBN, and I've been picking up on a lot of the things you're writing about. I'll keep checking your site!

Thu Sept 15, 03:15:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kate, I've just moved to Manila from India and really liked your blog. Will put a link on mine when I next post something.

BTW, you can delete spam comments by logging in, going to 'Edit Posts', selecting a post and scrolling down to the comments. Under each comment is a little trash can icon which allows you to delete the comment.

Hope this helps. I get a lot of spam too and it's REALLY painful!

Take care.

Tue Oct 18, 05:57:00 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the tip on deleting spam Amit.

Welcome to Manila, both of you - I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Christina - I have toured ABS-CBN - a friend works on the news there. It was very cool.

Mon Oct 24, 05:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home