My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Friday 21 October 2005

My Work!!!

Very fast as I have to run home and cook dinner for seven Australians (the things I get myself into...*sigh*)

I get quite a few emails along the lines of "great blog - do you do any work? *ppbbffttt* (Mary - you are lucky those VCDs mean I love you forever!!) The answer is - not if I can help it...

Okay, obviously I actually do do quite a lot of work and my general leaving-the-office time is 7.00p.m. to give you a clue. However, firstly I don't think you would be very interested in reading about what I do here coz it aint that interesting a lot of the time! And also, due to confidentiality and some other issues, I cannot talk about it much.

However - I would like to direct you to something I am quite proud of. Please go to the following website: http://www.humanitarianstandards.org/index.html and have a bit of a look around - this is the website of my project. In particular, I would call your attention to the video on the top right hand corner - I wrote the script, produced and half edited the thing - it took up a heck of a lot of my time and probably shaved four years of my life expectancy. You can see me in the occasional few shots (one of the things about editing - I am in very few of them!) as the only white person in the room. But you had better do it fast - there have been calls from some of the stars for it to be taken down - they don't want themselves on the web. I have asked for a delay so I can blow my own trumpet a bit, but it won't be much of a stay of execution.

Also, if you go and look at the newsletters (there are only two!!) The most recent one, I wrote all but one of the articles (see if you can guess which one) and although they are not the finest example of my writing ability, they are something. I also wrote quite a few of the articles for the first one (maybe all - can't remember now?)

Anyway - happy reading.
Toodles
From the extremely hard working Kate


(stop that sniggering in the back- I can hear you)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home