My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Food, Glorious Food

So - having posted that lot, I was about to leave and then Joyce, the really lovely office assistant here, came in with tea for me. And she won't let me leave until I drink it!! And it is pitch black in this office and I just want to go back to the hotel, but am waiting for the tea to cool!

So I thought I would show you what I do most nights - basically sit in the bar and have dinner with the 'gang' - which is what we have become now (about 20 guys and four girls - we are going to get T Shirts made that say "Flood Girls - Soroti Hotel Field Unit"). I have mentioned previously the atrociously slow service of the restaurant - one night, Leo got fed up and went into the kitchen to cook, taking Anastasia with him for support. We all got authentic Italian food that night - yummy!!


Anastasia, Leo and random cook, shaking things up in the kitchen

"What - you wanted some too?"
Adama helps Leo dish up...


The troops are hungry...

Thank you for this food...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home