My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Monday 25 February 2008

Six Countries in One Day

Yes - as I cruised down a beautiful run today at Chamonix, I wondered why on earth I choose to spend my life running around the most miserable spots on earth, rather than doing more of this kind of thing? ;-) Answer?.....to be provided once I figure it out myself!
I'm here with a group of Aussie friends, ostensibly to celebrate my 30th birthday, really just to ski... It is so bizarre to fly out of Uganda and eventually (after a journey that took me Uganda--Kenya--Netherlands--northern Ireland--Switzerland--France in less than 24 hours) land up in the snow, surrounded by mountains (still my favourite landscape in the world!) I had four hours in Amsterdam with Mike, who's heading off to Afghanistan (spare him a thought occasionally!!) and drinking disappointing coffee before baffling the poor people at Belfast airport by only transferring ("but...nobody does that here. Why are you just transiting through Belfast?"...."because it was the cheapest route from Amsterdam to Geneva")
Anyway - I'm pretty exhausted now - first day out - murder on the legs and all of that. Time for shower and bed, but thought I should check in.
Many thanks to all those who sent me birthday wishes last week - you all rock tremendously *big hugs*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home