My Photo
Name:
Location: Aileu, Timor-Leste

I'm an aid worker, trying to do my little bit to leave the world a better place than I found it. This blog sporadically tracks my adventures in various countries, as I try to play my part is the massive venture to Make Poverty History.

Monday 24 October 2005

Filippinos

Apparently I have been commiting a huge faux pas for the past six months, because the dear nationals of this great country are actually Filippinos, not Philippinos. Or so Joel informed me :( Oooops - very sorry.
Anyway - check out all the pretty new extras on my blog. Courtesy of Emily who, after being fed and plied with wine last Friday night, was dragged into Ange's bedroom and very kindly showed me how to do some extra stuff (we are still having trouble with some of the fonts etc and eventually gave up after a couple of hours when we could no longer see straight). I predict I will probably get this blog looking somewhat how I would like it to look approximately one week before I board the plane to return home...
Speaking of planes - God Bless GMA. She has announced three public holidays next week - Monday, Tuesday and Friday. So Ange and I (two other friends were supposed to come, but they couldn't get flights - it is even harder a weekend to book for than Christmas as everyone goes home in order to go to the cemeteries and mourn their dead) are getting on one (a plane!) and going to Palawan for ten days. We are first going to Coron, a small island north of the main island to get our scuba diving licences and then are going to travel through the rest of the island before flying back to Manila. Palawan is said to the be most beautiful part of the Philippines and I am particularly looking forward to getting out of Manila and to having a break - I think I need a holiday. Will be able to tell you all about it when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home